Dental Care Tips From Your Local La Mesa Cosmetic Dentist
At Smilehaven Dental Center, we’re committed to providing high quality general and cosmetic dental care to patients of all ages. Dr. Chan and his team focus on providing a holistic dental care experience that encourages overall healthiness as well as a beautiful smile. Developing good dental health habits is important for any age. By maintaining good dental health you will be able to prevent dental problems and keep your smile looking great! Dr. Chan has provided some tips for both adults and children on how you can best take care of your teeth.
Dental Health For Adults
Bad dental health habits have been linked to a variety of chronic health problems including stroke, coronary artery disease and premature, low birth-weight babies. Therefore it is very important to keep up with your oral hygiene.
Here are some helpful tips to keep your smile healthy and beautiful:
- Visit your dentist regularly (at least twice a year) for thorough cleaning and early detection of potential problems
- Brush at least three times a day
- Floss daily
- Eat a well-balanced, healthy diet
- Avoid smoking and the use of smokeless tobacco products
Dental Health For Children
It is particularly important to start healthy dental habits when your children are young! The most common chronic childhood disease in America today is tooth decay. So it is important to take proper precautions for your children.
Smilehaven Dental Center is happy to provide you with some easy tips to take care of your children’s teeth:
- Cleaning your infant’s gums after feeding with a water-soaked cloth
- Brushing your baby’s erupted teeth with a small, soft-bristled toothbrush, using a pea-sized amount of kids toothpaste
- Teaching your child early about brushing and flossing techniques
- Visiting a dental office regularly to check for cavities and possible developmental problems
- Encouraging your child to discuss any fears they may have about dental visits
- Asking your hygienist or dentist about sealant applications to protect your child’s teeth-chewing surfaces
Contact Our La Mesa Dental Office
Thank you for checking out our dental health tips. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us today. We’re always happy to help! We look forward to hearing from you!