Dr. Stephen L. Chan and the entire team here at Smilehaven Dental Center strive to go above and beyond to give you an unparalleled dental experience. As your trusted La Mesa and El Cajon, CA dentist, Dr. Chan always adheres to the latest in state-of-the-art technology so that he can improve both the convenience and the comfort for all his patients undergoing any dental care, from general treatment to teeth whitening to dental implants. You can be assured that your safety is our team’s number one priority as we not only supply safe dental materials but a selection of advanced treatments as well. One of these services that we provide is LANAP.
What Is LANAP?
LANAP (which stands for Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure) is a procedure that treats gum disease with a specialized laser. This laser can remove the infected and dead gum tissue around the roots of the teeth while leaving the healthy tissue safe and stimulating it to regenerate. This is one of the most advanced procedures for the treatment of gum disease.
Benefits of LANAP
Compared to other, more traditional types of treatments for gum disease, LANAP can offer:
- Less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure.
- Less inflammation and bleeding during the procedure and afterward.
- A safer treatment where the healthy gum tissue won’t be harmed.
- A faster rate of both healing and gum regrowth.
- Less of a chance of dental decay afterward.
- Less recession of the gum line.
- A more attractive appearance of the gums after the procedure.
- Fantastic long-term results due to its safe and predictable nature.
Contact Your La Mesa and El Cajon, CA Dentist!
Are you interested in learning more about LANAP or any of our other dental services? Feel free to contact us and let us know! If you’d like to schedule an appointment with your dentist in La Mesa and El Cajon, CA, we encourage you to fill out our appointment request form. We can’t wait to hear from you and treat you to some of the safest dental care around!